Thursday, October 29, 2009

miss marple a murder is announced

2009-10-14 10:26 pm UTC (link). Hmmmm... for her Hercule Poirot books I'd recommend either Death on the Nile or Murder on the Orient Express. For Miss Marple, I'd go with either A Murder is Announced or The Body in the Library. ...Mystery Books featuring Miss Marple: The Murder at the Vicarage (1930); The Body in the Library (1942); The Moving Finger (1943); A Murder is Announced (1950); They Do It with Mirrors, or Murder With Mirrors (1952) ...I will confess that I did not see the way that the murders fit into the rhyme until Miss Marple herself pointed it out to the detective. A Murder is Announced works backwards, declaring the upcoming murder in a local newspaper and ...Download Miss Marple: A Murder Is Announced (1985). A murder is announced in the Chipping Cleghorne Gazette to take place on October 5th, 7 PM at Little Paddocks cottage. The people living there, retired secretary Miss Blacklock, ...As for McEwan, she was Miss Marple in twelve episodes for ITV/PBS/WGBH Boston. At least six of the Hickson entries were remade, including At Bertram's Hotel, Nemesis and A Murder Is Announced. With a distinguished career ranging from ...I've watched 'A murder is Announced' starring Geraldine McEwan and I totally loved it! She's so perfect, serene and calm and totally the Miss Marple I imagined. I bought the DVD of the BBC version of 'Body in the Library' starring Joan ...... The Idol House of Astarte; Ingots of Gold; The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side; Miss Marple Tells a Story; Miss Marple's Final Cases; Motive vs. Opportunity; The Moving Finger; The Murder at the Vicarage; A Murder Is Announced ...Actors: Joan Hickson (Miss Jane Marple), Ursula Howells (Letitia Blacklock), RenA�e Asherson (Dora Bunner), Samantha Bond (Julia Simmons), Simon Shepherd (Patrick Simmons), Tags: advertisement, advertisement, based on novel, detective, ...A Murder is Announced is a mystery novel by Dame Agatha Christie. It was published in 1950 and features the world's most famous crime-solving old lady, Miss Marple. It has been adapted for film twice, once in 1986 and once in 2005. ...The beloved dowager detective Miss Marple (Joan Hickson) unravels three of Agatha Christie's most popular brainteasers: A Murder Is Announced, A Pocketful of Rye and the series premiere, The Body in the Library. ...
And don't forget to tell me why!

I would have to say my favorites are A Murder Is Announced, A Caribbean Mystery, and The Mirror Crack'd From Side To Side.

WILL CHOOSE BEST ANSWER.
Thanks for the suggestion, Phoenix Tears, but I have ready ALL the Agatha Christie novels at least 3 times. You could say I'm a HUGE A.C. fan. You're right, I also like the Poirot novels better, but I was curious as to what people thought of the 13 Miss Marple books (yeah, Nemesis was fantastic, too). ;)


I want to read another book by Agatha Christie, and I'd like suggestions. I'll list the books of hers that I've already read, so please don't recommend those. Also, does anyone know the first book in the Hercules Poirot series?
I have read: And Then There Were None, Murder at the Vicarage, A Body in the Library, A Murder is Announced, Destination Unknown, They Do it With Mirrors, Murder is Easy and Sparkling Cyanide.

P.S.: I particularly love Miss Marple books.


I was watching the movie last night,but I was watching something else at the same time and I missed most of the second half..I know that the woman who got shot in the dark was the killer,but how did she do it?Why did she have to kill those other people,and who did those young people who were pretending to be her cousins turn out to be(and why were they pretending)?Anything else about the end would be good to know.Is the movie very different from the book?
Why did she have the scar on her neck?
Why were the "cousins" kissing behind the umbrella?Were they real cousins?Was there lesbians in the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment